VASER Liposuction Machine
The Gold Standard in Liposuction Technology
There are several benefits to VASER liposuction that make it the Gold Standard in liposuction technology. VASER liposuction describes the ability to process the fat prior to extraction using ultrasound energy. The ultrasound energy transforms fat from a solid cluster to a liquid single cell consistency. This unique advantage of VASER technology allows for several advantages over traditional and other liposuction modalities. Benefits of VASER liposuction include:
Comprehensive Fat Removal
- Comprehensive fat removal describes the ability to remove both deep and superficial fat layers. The removal of superficial fat is unique to VASER liposuction since cannulas cannot traverse the compartmentalized superficial fat. In addition, the transformation of solid fat to a liquid consistency expands ability for fat removal from 60 to 70% to 90+%. These benefits of VASER liposuction allow skilled surgeons to unveil “six packs” for men or “four packs” for women.
- Fat emulsification is the unique feature of VASER that describes the conversion of fat cells from a solid state to a liquid state. This unique feature of VASER allows for several critical advantages to the liposuction arena that include:
- Comprehensive and universal removal of fat from both the superficial and deep layers.
- Avoidance of postoperative contour irregularities since the residual fat left behind is in a liquid form that settles evenly. VASER technology literally eliminates lumps, bumps, waviness, cavities, and divots in the skin.
- Tightening of the retaining ligaments creates skin tightening by acting like rubber bands following removal of superficial fat cells that act like sponges or springs. Since the superficial fat has a higher density of retaining ligaments, you can best observe tightening of skin via skin retraction following VASER liposuction.
- The fact that the fat aspirate your plastic surgeon removes is composed of single cells that are intact results in a significant advantage to procedures that include fat transfer. The Brazilian buttock lift(BBL) is coined to describe the transfer of fat to the buttock and hip region often in large volumes of fat transfer ranging from 500cc to 1500cc per buttock cheek. Fat that a plastic surgeon harvests using VASER technology demonstrates a 90+ % viability in volume retention following a BBL.
Minimal Down Time
- Minimal down time is appreciated by the ability of VASER to minimize pain and allow for a tolerable recovery. Even in the setting of 360 liposuction, whereby the entire torso has been disturbed, the unique feature of cavitation using sleek titanium probes allows fat cells to be gently teased from surrounding structures prior to aspiration. This means less trauma to both sensory nerves and superficial vascular structures. Less irritation of sensory nerves means less triggering of pain fibers and thus a more comfortable recovery. Less injury to superficial vascular structures means less blood loss and thus limitation of proinflammatory factors that rigger inflammation, swelling, and triggering of pain fibers.
- Preserving integrity of vessels not only reduces postoperative pain but also reduces blood loss. When blood products are spilled this results in unnecessary bruising with longer recovery periods. In addition, spilling of inflammatory products triggers nerves responsible for pain in the postoperative period. However, limiting blood loss has its own unique safety profile especially in the setting of 360 liposuction cases where a plastic surgeon may perform up to 5 Liters of tumescent infiltration and aspiration.
- Skin retraction occurs because ultrasound has a heating component of the collagen in retaining ligaments. Heating of retaining ligaments in addition to removal of the superficial fat results in tightening of retaining ligaments and subsequent skin retraction. Skin retraction optimizes liposuction results by minimizing contour irregularities intrinsic to fat removal. Skin retraction and subsequent tightening may create additional benefits that include:
- 1. Avoiding excisional procedures such as strategic tucking procedures
- 2. Avoiding unsightly scars that may result from excision of redundant skin
Improving Fat Grafting
- Improved fat grafting volumes: whether you are considering fat grafting to the breast or a Brazilian but lift, the limiting factor in athletic patients is lack of fat volumes available for harvest. With VASER technology, harvested fat volumes are increased by 30 to 40 % over traditional liposuction techniques.
VASER Liposuction is a Game Changer
- VASER liposuction is a Game Changer in the liposuction body contouring arena. The most important advantage of ultrasound assisted VASER liposuction is that it provides liposuction surgeons the ability to achieve TRANSFORMATIVE Body Contouring results. Transformative body contouring results are feasible with VASER liposuction because it make it feasible to achieve high definition liposuction results. High Definition Liposuction body contouring outcomes require:
- 360 liposuction or circumferential contouring
- Unveiling of muscle highlights and natural body shadows
- Staying true to gender specific aesthetic guidelines